Poachers at Beaverdams?

Ross

Well I went out to beaverdams after work for an hour or so to test out my new light combo. Caught a few bluegill, had a good time. 

The one thing I wanted to share was, I found this pile of fish carcasses by the shore... Looked to be like 4 or 5 good size bass and a few smaller fish, maybe bluegills? 

Is it worth reporting to the MNR or anything?E8A8FC75-8FBF-4B86-B4D8-CAEF400BD378.png

Lots of new anglers out there (covid release)...Some will drive from T.O .to fish here , some know the regs , some know but don't abide ....

An elder from T.O. just asked me if he needed a licence to fish here ?  Some don't know one species from another ....

Anyone can get a license with zero knowledge of fish I.D. or  quotas . That needs to change, a written test would help ,thus no excuse for ignoring the rules .  We certainly need more MNR people to keep up to the increase in anglers .

Looks like the "angler" kept the eggs too ...

17 minutes ago, Captain Hooksets said:

Are you sure those are bass? To me they kinda look like trout or salmon.

Definitely could’ve been trout or salmon, the markings on the head looked like bass though. Either way it’s a shame people leave a mess like that...

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

That needs to change, a written test would help

As much as I wouldn’t want to take one, I agree it’d be worth it. Quite a few times this year already I’ve had guys brag to me about the bass or pike they caught. They don’t even know they’re out of season...

17 hours ago, Captain Hooksets said:

Are you sure those are bass? To me they kinda look like trout or salmon.  hard to tell from a picture but I’d still report it. 

I was thinking trout also by the length of the fish ....looking for the adipose fin ....

If they are Lake Ont. trout/salmon , it is still against the law to dump fish remains in other waters . They would be better utilized by tossing them in the bush for the animals & vultures..

My mistake. The body shape and length did throw me off a bit of it being bass... Still seems wrong to throw dead fish in a random waterway, something will eat em up though...

On 4/26/2021 at 9:28 PM, smerchly said:

Lots of new anglers out there (covid release)...Some will drive from T.O .to fish here , some know the regs , some know but don't abide ....

An elder from T.O. just asked me if he needed a licence to fish here ?  Some don't know one species from another ....

Anyone can get a license with zero knowledge of fish I.D. or  quotas . That needs to change, a written test would help ,thus no excuse for ignoring the rules .  We certainly need more MNR people to keep up to the increase in anglers .

Looks like the "angler" kept the eggs too ...

I kind of agree about taking a test to get a license. Up here in Fort Erie we're starting to get some guys from T.O fishing here with gobies and minnows we usually let them know nicely that they can't use gobies for bait but they just ignore you and continue on fishing. These days I just try and go out fish and not be concerned about whats going on eventually the ministry might do something.

8 minutes ago, Fishguy85 said:

These days I just try and go out fish and not be concerned

That's probably  the best thing to do F85 ....

I pick up fishing line because it kills birds and animals .  

Now we have the masks added to the dump site ...  and the end result may be more spots shut down .

It's easier for the MNR to check out boats for infractions , but very difficult to catch shore anglers breaking the rules.

Maybe , in the future the MNR can run a powerful satellite and  check out the bait we are using ....   :rolleyes:

Definately look like rainbows...if not smaller chinook salmon ....and definately the wrong spot to dump them! They wouldve been better off in the woods outta site outta mind for sure ...the coyotes or vultures and coons would clean them up quick.i live out off hwy 20 and yesterday off hwy 58 there was 5 vehicles pulled off the side of the road and theres a concrete culvert type of platform with 7 or 8 guys all fishing .....i can guarantee they all drove here from t.o.....all side by side no masks no social distancing ...i almost wanted to stop there today to see how much garbage was around cause ive been there before and picked up a grocery bag full of worm containers and food wrappers and fishing line etc...just b.s.!

I took this picture at the dump today....these are coco pods wrapped in plastic .....this was a smaller garbage bin hauler style truck full....i asked the kid at the dump about them and theyre from local marijuana grow ops ...(goverment ran)likely...now why do we have to separate all of our  recycling to a tee or they wont take it and all these plastic wrapped pots just get dumped and buried and thats ok...the soil or coco could be emptied in a field and the plastic could be rinsed and recycled....he says thats a smaller load compared to what comes through on occasion...just ridicoulous...take out food places are now serving paper straws to reduce plastics in waste🙄what a joke!

7 hours ago, fishingking said:

these plastic wrapped pots just get dumped and buried and that's ok

There's no money to be made from that , but   $$$$$$$$  from carbon taxes . One of their "experts" deemed plastic straws are a menace to the planet , and we think they really care .....?

In the meantime,  millions of diapers , tons of medical waste , (masks) end up in landfills  and the oceans are being used for dumps ,killing wild life like whales . We bury tons of over packaged goods every day....we like the convenience of having 24 little yogurt  pods instead of one large one ...etc etc .... 

I sent a letter to our environment minister a few years ago about selling dew worms in styrofoam boxes . (Jim Bradley) ...He said ask your bait shops to use alternatives .....as usual ,passing it off to someone else....

I watched a few documentaries last week.  Most documentaries about the environment are very politically slanted. We can’t argue that the planet is warming in the short time period we have measured.  That is fact.  But what we can’t know is how much are we as humans causing the warming.  Hence the political arguments.  

One thing I realized from watching, non political......and this wasn’t even the point they were trying to make....

There are simply too many humans on this planet.  In nature if one species becomes too populated in an area Mother Nature will balance that out eventually if she is left to do so.  Ex... too many rabbits?  Well then the coyotes will thrive until there’s less rabbits than the coyotes won’t thrive anymore.  Balance.  One small example. 

So the main problem is that we humans have no predators on this earth and all we do is consume and make our own changes to the environment.  No other species can do that.   We also get more efficient at everything we do (such as farming, hunting, fishing).  Everyone knows the planet has limited resource. 

We are replacing natural land which has animals and trees with buildings and unnatural farmland so that all of us overpopulated humans can have all that we have.  Less trees and less natural dirt (our refined farming methods are destroying those lands, and we need so much of it to feed the people), may in the end be the greatest environmental challenge we have. 

Im not sure how or when but one day there will be a reckoning.  And that wasn’t necessarily a religious prediction.   The Earth and its resources are only so vast.  One day we won’t be able thrive like this.  

Not sure why I felt like typing all that...

15 minutes ago, Mbocco said:

Sometimes , wild animals get a disease that thins the population . 

The population of India & China is about 3 billion ....

I believe a "real" pandemic will one day thin out the masses world wide , not the bomb .

15 minutes ago, Mbocco said:

Less trees and less natural dirt (our refined farming methods are destroying those lands, and we need so much of it to feed the people), may in the end be the greatest environmental challenge we have. 

So true .....many hectares of the rain forest in Brazil are destroyed daily ....the largest source of oxygen on earth ...  It all starts with our attitude like mindlessly tossing garbage..... 

https://www.ecohealthalliance.org/2019/08/the-amazon-is-burning?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1daOr_yg8AIVmwaICR0p4QT8EAAYBCAAEgIqbPD_BwE

9 hours ago, Mbocco said:

I watched a few documentaries last week.  Most documentaries about the environment are very politically slanted. We can’t argue that the planet is warming in the short time period we have measured.  That is fact.  But what we can’t know is how much are we as humans causing the warming.  Hence the political arguments.  

One thing I realized from watching, non political......and this wasn’t even the point they were trying to make....

There are simply too many humans on this planet.  In nature if one species becomes too populated in an area Mother Nature will balance that out eventually if she is left to do so.  Ex... too many rabbits?  Well then the coyotes will thrive until there’s less rabbits than the coyotes won’t thrive anymore.  Balance.  One small example. 

So the main problem is that we humans have no predators on this earth and all we do is consume and make our own changes to the environment.  No other species can do that.   We also get more efficient at everything we do (such as farming, hunting, fishing).  Everyone knows the planet has limited resource. 

We are replacing natural land which has animals and trees with buildings and unnatural farmland so that all of us overpopulated humans can have all that we have.  Less trees and less natural dirt (our refined farming methods are destroying those lands, and we need so much of it to feed the people), may in the end be the greatest environmental challenge we have. 

Im not sure how or when but one day there will be a reckoning.  And that wasn’t necessarily a religious prediction.   The Earth and its resources are only so vast.  One day we won’t be able thrive like this.  

Good summary Smerch- I agree with what you have said.  Not that the “out of sight out of mind” is a great mentality but I need to get out of the city- just need to convince the wife to go north....I’m losing that battle unfortunately.   Rather heartbreaking to see green space paved over and the changes I’ve seen in my time is mind blowing. 

As for the rabbits, I don’t see many anymore. This guy and his family have been in the neighbourhood for about a year now.  They love to sleep on the hay I cover my strawberries with over the winter . 

CHS

52253972-0457-4593-8CC4-E5AF2EA1ED5E.jpeg

12 hours ago, smerchly said:

There's no money to be made from that , but   $$$$$$$$  from carbon taxes . One of their "experts" deemed plastic straws are a menace to the planet , and we think they really care .....?

In the meantime,  millions of diapers , tons of medical waste , (masks) end up in landfills  and the oceans are being used for dumps ,killing wild life like whales . We bury tons of over packaged goods every day....we like the convenience of having 24 little yogurt  pods instead of one large one ...etc etc .... 

I sent a letter to our environment minister a few years ago about selling dew worms in styrofoam boxes . (Jim Bradley) ...He said ask your bait shops to use alternatives .....as usual ,passing it off to someone else....

According to George, the earth may want plastic 🤪

This is the only science I follow :tease:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=george+carlin+the+earth+will+take+care+of+itself&&view=detail&mid=212B096AD445110F4AC7212B096AD445110F4AC7&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dgeorge%2Bcarlin%2Bthe%2Bearth%2Bwill%2Btake%2Bcare%2Bof%2Bitself%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

I am a big G.Carlin fan . I have watched all those performances . But I don't always agree with his theories . Plastics are okay to produce , even plastic straws !... but  allowing the planet to be a big plastic dump is not a good thing . Clean up after ourselves and recycle or burn plastic waste . Years ago "they" said using more plastics (like bags) will SAVE THE TREES , so now , the leftists want to make paper bags again ?   :read:  

Those tossed fish at Beaverdams are quite harmless  , it's only 2 fish . If we all have that attitude , it can get a little ripe out there .....   :wacko:

Archived