Gas Down

smerchly

It's nice to see gas prices drop lately , now at 1.27  locally . I read that as more EV's are being sold that gas prices will keep dropping due to competition . One site stated that gas prices could fall to 40 cents , but that is wishful thinking ? That wouldn't cover the taxes !   Oil prices dropped over 2 bucks today so maybe it a good time to fillerup . 

We may need to travel north to ice fish again this year and save a few bucks for an extra burger and fries .....   👍

There is no way I will ever buy an EV.

I wouldn't even take one if it was given to me for free! 
Our 2-day drive to visit our daughter in NB would take 3 days with stops for recharging, and I’m too old to have the patience to sit twiddling my thumbs for ages waiting for a stupid battery to recharge.  

5 minutes at the gas pump suits my temprament just fine.

Plus the prices I’ve been hearing for battery replacement are atrocious!

Many years ago when our Corolla was wearing out I asked my mechanic about a Sunbird as a possible more economical replacement.  His answer “They are disposable cars!  If you buy one, sell it after3 years before it starts to fall apart on you!”  With the exorbitant prices I’m hearing for EV battery replacement, they will become the disposable cars of the future. And yes, the technology will improve, but I’ll be dead long before then!

Ha , I hear you Gene , at 80+ I drive my 97 Astro & 06 Pontiac G6 until I'm gone before they go . I just spent 3 grand to revitalize the G6 for another20 years lol

But they want to force us into going EV so they may eventually increase gas prices sky high . 

Funny that we are being penalized for using electricity in our homes . It's called the "global add -justment" 

On the news tonight , a recall on Tesla evs  , about 193,000 of them about the auto pilot 'control' 

I had a new 91 Sunbird , standard shift 4 cyl . I was surprised at how well it performed during strong winds on the highways  then sold it after 3 years as it was too small for my outdoor activities and bought the 90 Beauville Chevy van which I wish I still had .....

I'm 'out of commission' for a while after having surgery behind my ear to remove a cancer growth , lots of stiches and sore as hell now . I'll have to wait for 2 weeks to get them out . The lady at the hearing aid center spotted the tumor which I thought was a sore spot from my sunglasses arm from cutting it . Head area cancer is so common now , keep that in mind guys as we get lots of sun while fishing ! (and driving)

8 hours ago, smerchly said:

Ha , I hear you Gene , at 80+ I drive my 97 Astro & 06 Pontiac G6 until I'm gone before they go . I just spent 3 grand to revitalize the G6 for another20 years lol

But they want to force us into going EV so they may eventually increase gas prices sky high . 

Funny that we are being penalized for using electricity in our homes . It's called the "global add -justment" 

On the news tonight , a recall on Tesla evs  , about 193,000 of them about the auto pilot 'control' 

I had a new 91 Sunbird , standard shift 4 cyl . I was surprised at how well it performed during strong winds on the highways  then sold it after 3 years as it was too small for my outdoor activities and bought the 90 Beauville Chevy van which I wish I still had .....

I'm 'out of commission' for a while after having surgery behind my ear to remove a cancer growth , lots of stiches and sore as hell now . I'll have to wait for 2 weeks to get them out . The lady at the hearing aid center spotted the tumor which I thought was a sore spot from my sunglasses arm from cutting it . Head area cancer is so common now , keep that in mind guys as we get lots of sun while fishing ! (and driving)

Get well soon smerch

8 hours ago, smerchly said:

Hope you feel better soon smerch. You need anything or anything done around the house?

Thanks guys , I'm happy to have a great plastic surgeon , Dr.Bush who also did my ear/nose job about 6 years ago . My dermatologist , Dr.Bertrano said many people get skin cancer from driving a lot , like truckers as the sun hits the left side of their face and scalp . Wearing a baseball cap helps the scalp but not the ears where I had the small tumor . A Tilley hat helps cover more area of the head which I will wear more often even though I look for shady spots to shore fish . I believe us fair hair/no hair guys are more prone to skin cancers . 

9 hours ago, Bubba14 said:

I hear ya Bill, watch out for the sun guys. I get treatments every six months and also have cream for affected areas in between treatments. 

Take care Bill and hope you heal well.

Same to you Scott , once you have been treated for skin cancer it's time to be very cautious and vigilant caring for our skin , the largest organ of our body .

And Tyler , you better watch out ,you have the same last name as I . lol   I can still do most chores with no prob ,thanks for the offer . I'll be outside shortly to pick up some fresh dog $hit .     🙃

Take it easy Bill, the healing will take a bit of time.

If you need anything let me know.

I have some 25 year old scotch which might help with the pain.B)

My Cherokee has tinted windows. Read online that the tint can block most of

the UV rays. Not sure how factual that is, but might be something to research

and get done.

Might take you up on that ripe scotch Dan ....hope you are healing up and kicking a$$  again . I see many vehicles driving passed my house with dark tinted windows , can't see who is behind the wheel (if anybody) I need all my windows tinted dark as I'm blinded by the high-low beams they use at night !  

Maybe I should stick to smelt fishing in reference to my "smelt/perch name here !  

Perhaps Sandy can pick me up :rolleyes: and you and I can enjoy an afternoon binge :slap:

All the windows on my cherokee are tinted.

The windshield also has 1/3 at the top tinted, but does little to dull the effects of

the sun, but helps with on coming vehicles at night.

🥂

• 3 months later...

WELL !  That $1.27 gas price in December is now $1.60 average today . The April Fools Day is on us . 

This will give the stores another excuse to raise prices again .

Wifey has been going shopping happy lately after finding Temu & Amazon's prices are so cheap . 

So I'll use the 'savings' to fill my tank .  😁

I started back up with my weekly states runs. Filled up pickup truck and 3 large jerry cans on weekend for 1.05 canadian per litre and picked up 30 cans of coors light at Tops for 18$. Over and back in an hour. Saved well over $125 

I gave the sad face because I don't have a passport to cross the River . It's been many years going to 'Smokin Joe's'  for gas and Tops for a case of 16 oz. bottles of Old Milwaukee and some chicken!  Imagine if our Loonie was at par today !  

Update :  Highest reg. gas price today ....$1.69.9 , Esso , Geneva St. St.Cath.   😲

Made a run across the boarder last week, filled up the Yukon and 6 Jerry Cans, figured I saved $105, plus $25 for case of beer! Smerch, I remember picking up MIlwaukee's Best back in the day at Tops for $4.99 per case, back in the late 80's early 90's. Nasty stuff though, I don't think they actually brewed it, just mix water, beer flavouring, some alcohol, then into the can! 

Also picked up a chocolate bar at duty free, couldn't resist..lol!

1C414222-F00E-452A-840C-331322E0E1FD_1_105_c.jpeg

Surf , we took cans of Koch's Golden Anniversary moose hunting and none of the other 5 complained about the taste . Old Milwaukie wasn't much different but the price was right . On one trip we had 5 cases of 24 canned beer in my van and got caught at the border coming back to Canada near Thunder Bay and they look all the beer !  lol  I had a micky of Yukon Jack that the label said "made in Canada" and they let me keep it . I bought it on the US side !  ha !

Apparently our Koch's beer wasn't always liked by some ....  

Screenshot 2024-04-09 221553.jpg

10 hours ago, smerchly said:

Surf , we took cans of Koch's Golden Anniversary moose hunting and none of the other 5 complained about the taste . Old Milwaukie wasn't much different but the price was right . On one trip we had 5 cases of 24 canned beer in my van and got caught at the border coming back to Canada near Thunder Bay and they look all the beer !  lol  I had a micky of Yukon Jack that the label said "made in Canada" and they let me keep it . I bought it on the US side !  ha !

Apparently our Koch's beer wasn't always liked by some ....  

Screenshot 2024-04-09 221553.jpg

LOL, yes one man's food is another's poison! I don't think I've had the pleasure of Koch's beer. Were those "tasting notes" printed on the can? "Tastes worse than it smells, musty, musky murky, not unlike swamp water" LOL

Terrible of those guys to take your beer, Smerch! Didn't mind cheap beer but always stuck to Five Star back in the day.