Do you have a pet ? Post a picture of your companion.

knightfisher

This is our new ball of fire at 8 months old. ...going back to the vet again tomorrow, trying to find the cause of his itchy ears ....been on prednisone & antibiotics ....changed his dog food 3 times to no avail . Our daughter 's 9 yr. old dog has never been to a vet & eats "people food" and other foods she cooks for him. We may try that next. 

Those long floppy ears don't help the situation . He is a very smart little guy , he knows a lot of words for a 10 month old boy . 

So sorry for the loss of Honey ....she is a real beauty Yorky in the pictures. Dog lovers like us have a hard time handling the loss of our beloved dogs .

Duke Dog.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

i have watched many videos about these great dogs . I have had 2 Staffs,  a Rotti &  pug/beagle , pug/jack russell mixes , all very good dogs .

If I was younger , I would certainly consider having A B.Melinois . 

11 minutes ago, Bubba14 said:

My guy's dad was a Malinois and his mom was a German Shepherd. I've worked with a lot of Malinois over the years, they aren't for everyone!

Totally correct there Bubba. These dogs are extremely high energy. April is my third Malinois and very demanding for sport and activity.

2 hours ago, Row dog said:

yes those are my current lads.Previously have had english pointers but find the gsp easier to train (more willing to please) and more affectionate a more versatile dog iimo

Love those markings on the dogs !   We have so many great dogs to choose from .....

according to our life style , age , etc.  

4 hours ago, cutthroat dan said:

Cooper the Boston terror.

...don't see many Boston's these days ...  love the name !  ( old Bruins fan)   B)

We have two pets Casey and Becky

Casey was diagnosed at one year old with degenerated hips. He was treated at Canine Conditioning Center in St. Catharines before and after hip replacement  surgery. One hip was replaced and on the other there wasn't enough hip bone for a sockets to be implanted so they cut off the head of the femur and let it develop a false hip. As you can see from the three panel photo below the surgery and the therapy was a success. Canine Conditioning paid a professional photographer for these photos to use them in their promotional  literature and gave us a copy.

He likes to pick up sticks on his walks (second photo set). When he relaxes he really relaxes (third photo). But he does get bored easily (fourth photo).

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg

Becky is our American tabby She likes lounging around and avoiding getting trampled by Casey.

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, Bubba14 said:

Niagara Canine Conditioning Centre is a great place with fantastic people! Several of the dogs that I used to work with have gone there in the past with very good results!

I didn't know this place existed !  I had to take my dog to Guelph many years ago where they found cancer well into her nose/throat .....

There is also the emerge (NVEC)  at  Thorold , Merritville  hwy .....

Our pets deserve the best care .....   

• 3 weeks later...

As expected , many of us have dogs or cats to enhance our lives . As I was fishing yesterday , many people past by with their dogs of all sizes and breeds . Port Dalhousie is a great place where many walk their dogs on both sides of the harbour and we anglers need to be sure to keep the area free of line and hooks .

As a side note , I saw 2 herons and a bald eagle yesterday , a sign of warmer days ahead .....but don't put your shovels away !!   :santa:

• 3 months later...